Monday, January 31, 2011

Jars and Jars of Rejects

I have developed a desire to eat lots of pickles. BUT only restaurant style deli pickles. Our refrigerator has jar after jar after jar of pickle rejects. You know, giant jars of pickles with only one missing, because they are yucky. The thought of tossing these jars [which i have no intention on eating] paralyzes me. They are new jars! So there they sit, uneaten and taking up excessive space.

My co worker's husband has his own pickle situation. He enjoys pickles from one sub shop. He purchases a weekly pickle-reject in the quest to find a similar taste. This weekend, we were dining at the sub shop. For the first time ever, they were selling his pickles in take-home jars! I immediately sent an APB to his wife, who arrived on the scene two minutes to make the purchase.

He is currently eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Only us pickle hunters understand this sort of happiness.


P.S. These are my favorite. (I reject the ones above)

1 comment:

JuliE said...

Now you've done it. I think I need a pickle. I didn't even know Nathan's made their own pickles. Next time I go, I'll have to remember to try one.