Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hiking Boots....

We are looking into a possible trip. On this trip, there will be a fair amount of hiking. However, it's still somewhat touristy, so how strenuous/rugged can it be? Do I really need to buy out the entire sporting goods store?

I did not think it was necessary to purchase hiking boots. I have snow boots,  rain boots, water shoes and tennis shoes. Surely one of these will work.

Then I read this..

"It is safer to have above ankle hiking shoes and jeans in case of a snake bite. A snake's fangs will not penetrate the boots. The jeans tend to be baggy and provide a buffer to keep the fangs from sinking directly into exposed skin."

WHAT!

And I immediately purchased these. (and no, I don't care if they are ugly.)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Hiking... hiking boots... that makes me giggle. We use the word "hiking" amongst our friends as a code word for a more private activity.