Monday, February 28, 2011

Costa Rica - Arenal Volcano Day 1

I feel truly blessed to have visited Costa Rica. The people of Costa Rica are very proud of their country and went out of their way to be our teachers. I highly suggest this vacation destination. You will love it as much as we did.

During trip planning, we cringed at the amount of driving. In reality, the driving was almost as good as the destinations. I do suggest getting a driver. For a couple of reasons. You are only on a highway for a fraction of your travels. The other roads are not exactly driver friendly. You will see some pictures of these roads later in the summary. PLUS. There is way too much see enroute to be worried about driving.

This completes the Trip Advisor portion; back to our adventures.

After a brief overnight stay in San Jose, we hopped in the car for the 3.5 hour drive to Arenal Volcano.

After checking into the hotel and ooohing over the gardens out our door,


we headed to our first adventure; hanging bridges through the rainforest.



We were very high up.....I looked forward, while grasping the sides of the swinging bridge.


Chip looked down in awe.


We were only slightly concerned when we saw these guys....
Repair work. Really? Now?

 
But it was worth it to see;

 and


Don't forget this


and


I wasn't incredibly thrilled to see this guy, just hanging out.
Eyelash Viper. VERY poisonous snake.


Don't worry mom, we didn't walk across this one


It was a lovely day in the neighborhood.

To Be Continued...

1 comment:

JuliE said...

ooo.. that last bridge looks very Romancing the Stone like.