We are still hunting for nightstands. We have two rooms, that desperately need tables. No such luck. When we fail at one thing, we buy something else random, not on the list and probably don't really need.
Here are this weekends finds.
7 Classic Books - We have two large built-in bookcases in our living room, which are filling up with hard covered classics. They look good and well they are classics. ($2 each)
1 Turkish plate - I just thought it was pretty ($1)
1 Square Linen + 6 napkins - This was a major score. When we were hosting Christmas, I went hunting for a card table cloth. Thinking it would be no big deal. If I had to buy one new, that was OK. I was shocked at how hard this was to find. I couldn't even buy an acceptable one new. I guess no one uses old school card tables anymore. If you see a square table cloth BUY IT! Then send it to me. ($10 for all)
1 Candle Snuffer - I really wanted one of these. Plus it matches my new (old) bronze dinner bell. Yes, I have a dinner bell. ring ring. ($2)
1 Wooden Boat Buoy (?) - We have an odd room, we are not 100% sure what to do with at this point. We are hoping when the 1929 kitchen is remodeled (spring/summer 2011?!), it will feel more connected/useful. For now, it is Chip's "wheel house" aka the blue room. A wheel house is not complete without a wooden buoy. He got a lot of funny looks carrying this around. It was worth it. ($5)
2 comments:
I think any book that has a hard cover, does not have a book jacket, and has no pictures on the front looks like a classic... or at least looks classic in a bookcase.
You go girl! My turkish plate does look different, but it definitely wasn't a dollar!!! Great finds!!! You'll have this house filled before you know it. :)
Post a Comment