Got your attention didn't I. Sorry to disappoint; this post does not really deserve such a great title. By my literary genius-ness cannot be stifled.
I am HORRIBLE at car upkeep. Which is probably why leasing is a good idea for me? Luckily, I drive 12 miles a day which means even with my bad service record, my car will be with us forever. Much to Chip's dismay.
Today I went to get an oil change after the voices in my head started chanting no oil no oil no oil no oil. I don't like oil changes because the mechanics judge me. I feel the sneering as they look at the service record. While waiting, I eavesdrop and become certain that every disaster car under discussion is mine. Stressful.
Today, Sven came out and told me to get new tires. I for some reason have been dragging my feet on this. I refused to let chip see how bad they were... I knew they were bad. I just didn't want new tires.
I tried to talk my way out of it with the below conversations;
I really have to get to work.
That's fine; you can take the Saab loaner.
UM... no It's snowing I don't want to take a loaner to crash. I will come back....
No it's really good in weather, we put the best snow tires on that car, and it handles very well.
UM... I am drunk so I cannot drive?
You drove here and it's 9:15 am and I don't think you should leave without replacing those tires.
FINE PUT THE TIRES ON THE CAR!
I am a little embarrassed after the fact (so I am sharing with all of you). Just put tires on your car and get oil changes please. I mean really what's your problem?
P.S: Sven's real name is Spence. I just call him Sven because he works at Swedish Solution and his name should be Sven. I don't think he minds.
1 comment:
I always hate going because it's like Russian roulette... is this gonna break the bank or does my wallet survive? I guess thems the pitfalls of older cars. I just try to remind myself that (usually) whatever the annual bill is, it's cheaper than buying a new car.
Post a Comment