Friday, January 14, 2011

What is My Natural Color?

At the age of 16, I dyed my hair bright red for Water polo. It lasted for about 15 minutes. When I arrived at synchro practice, I was quickly escorted to the hair salon. I was a guinea pig at a clinic in Colorado, later in the week. My coach found my hair unacceptable for such a trip.

And that my friends, was the last day I knew what color my hair was in natural state. (That was also the day I decided to retire from swimming. take that control freaks!)

Where am I going with this? oh yes. I have seriously slacked on getting my hair done. The last cut/highlight was in July. Today.. I decided to get a cut only and grow it back to the original color. It is halfway there anyway. Pretty sure the dirty dirty blond will not be a winner, but here's to experimenting!

My hair dresser did not like this decision at all. As retaliation she cut about 7 inches off.
She also kept saying; look it's like a real grownup hair style. Oh man. Oh no... I am that person.

2 comments:

JuliE said...

I like your hair cut! Looking good.

Heather said...

What about Sun In and Henna? My hair was always orange. Love the new do. I am in desperate need of a cut too. Your hair looks healthy and beautiful.