Friday, September 4, 2009

Random Morning Activities

6:15 - Sit on screened-in porch, enjoy a hot caffeinated beverage

6:30 - Take dog out for a walk around the yard. She chases a deer, a bunny and a chipmunk.

7:00 - Look for OSU Jersey. Conclude... it's still in a box somewhere. Instead, I choose this new sparkly shirt. LOVE IT! I have decided, I am not very attractive in self portraits.. must practice.. until then, I will crop out my head.

7:30 - Stop by old house for cleaning supplies & anything else I can throw in the car. Food scale, gym tennis shoes, Nair, stack of greeting cards, sinus medicine, tiny portable cooler, bucket, Chip's ugly hat - Need all of these items, yepppers!

Also picked up an old toaster for below "casting call"

We are looking for an old- school, 2 slice outdated toaster to shoot for a project, preferably metal finish. Does such a thing still exist? The more dented, rusty & crumb- filled the better. If you have one or know of one we could borrow, please let me know.It won’t be put through any rigorous stunt work, it just has to sit there & look ugly.

7:45 - Driving down the street, I realize my trunk is open. I stop, get out and see a lottery ticket lying in the middle of the street, right next to my door. Oh my Gosh! I just won the lottery!!!! OK, no i didn't. It was a losing ticket. I was briefly sad and then...

8:00 - I arrive at the gas station to purchase a Mega Millions ticket. The losing ticket was a sign. If I go MIA, I am on an island in Fiji.

8:15 - I was told our toaster was too pretty to be a SUPERSTAR. pooor pooor toaster.

If this story was not entertaining enough, you should go here to waste more time.

4 comments:

JuliE said...

I think you did more by 8:15am than I plan on doing all day.

That Dog said...

6:15 - Sit on screened-in porch watching girl owner drink something. Why won't she take me outside already? Can't she see my legs are crossed?

6:30 - Forgive girl owner for delaying walk since the delayed start to the morning allowed me perfect timing to protect the house from a suspicious looking deer, a rabid bunny and a crazed chimpmunk. They should really pay me more for all I do.

7:00 - Laugh uncontrollably as girl owner searches for jersey that I have buried with 3 bones in the front yard.

7:15 - Chase girl owner down the street as I am sad she is leaving me. I bark and bark but she doesn't hear me. I tried using my spare set of keys to open the doors, windows or trunk to get her attention but nothing works. I give up and head back home.

7:30 - I think I may have accidentally dropped my lottery ticket during the chase.

8:00 - Back at home waiting patiently at the door for girl owner to return.

8:15 - Forgot why I am waiting by the door. Go upstairs to stare at boy owner until he wakes up to play with me.

Heather said...

Ahhh...the lotto ticket reminds me of high school and 7-11. Speaking of thought of you today as I visited the old Winchells. Just not the same without Stalin and the donut pounding in the background.

Hillary said...

Why in the world were you up so early on a Saturday?!?! NUTS! Thanks for the note on the baby. I did see your comment last month. It's funny how those dreams happen. I had dreams about Heather being preggers and she was. Weird!!