Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Need More Dirt

I am 100% addicted to my rooftop garden. Everyday I harvest about 4 green beans and two peas. The harvest is brought to Chip so he can oooh and awww appropriately.

Sometimes at the hardware store, I hide seed packets under other purchases so they are not spotted prior to checkout. Not because I will be told no more seeds per say. I cannot stop. It's a trance-like state, MUST HAVE MORE SEEDS

Want to see my garden, now that it is out of the closet?

We have the following crops;
Chives
Basil
Dill
Thyme
Cilantro
Carrots
Tomatoes - 9 different varieties
Green Onions
Sweet Peppers
Green Beans
Peas
Romaine Lettuce
Butter Lettuce
Potatoes (discovered in the produce basket on our counter)
Onion (same note as before, why do things get buried in there?)

It is probably time to stop the madness.
------------------------------------------

Next up DIRT:
Mulch = Pure Happiness. who knew? May I present to you 8 Yards of Mulch. I suspect it will not be enough. More mulch, please! The landscaper said... you better get a better wheelbarrow yours stinks. We'll show him!

4 comments:

JuliE said...

Holy Guacamole that is a lot of crops! Speaking of guacamole, you better have lots of recipes to use your 8 variets of tomatoes.. that's a ton!

JuliE said...

What are the three or so planters that look like duds?

To Be Determined said...

SALSA & Tomato sauce! Plus our neighbors will be well stocked on tomatoes this year

I just planted 3 tomato + potato + butter lettuce last night.

Heather said...

I am very impressed. You are so domestic!