Friday, September 17, 2010

Oktoberfest!

Today was Oktoberfest at work.

I consumed my first burger in about 4 years. It was delicious. (admitted only because my coworker ousted me on his blog)

An invite was posted throughout the building, which included a picture similar to this;

Yesterday, one of the party planners mentioned there would be no beer.  I advised against this decision. There will be very disgruntled people if beer is absent at an Ocktoberfest party.

An all staff email just went out here is an excerpt; Proud or embarrassing, not sure.
And to Jen for reminding us that beer was implied on the announcement …………………so we’d better have it or it’s false advertising!!  Thanks Jen – it really did hit the spot!

On other Ocktoberfest news,  I am currently bidding for this dirndl on ebay.
I intend on wearing it every chance I get.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I really hope you get the German outfit. You would look fabulous and so festive in this.

JuliE said...

Yummy.. nothing says Oktoberfest like.. burgers?