Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Lampshade Public Service Announcement

We purchased this lamp at an estate sale.
I know, I know... we buy everything from estate sales.
You would too, if you lived here.
Very cool stuff, very cheap, very well made, plus the whole voyeurism thing is quite exciting.
Cool lamp, horrible lampshade. No problem, that should be easy, right?

Not so much. So here is a post to save you time, should you ever need a new lampshade.

1. Target: Nope. Nada. Nothing. At least they had three lampshades to veto.
2. TJ Maxx: Nope. Nada. Nothing. They had zero lampshades
3. Joanne Fabrics: Nope. Nada. Nothing. Thankfully, I called my mom before going to the store.
4. Macy's: No such luck.
5 & 6. Furniture store x 2: They both tell us about Shady Lady, she has everything.
7. Shady Lady: Yelled at us for not bringing in our lamp. Nope. She could not help us, without the lamp. ( I stomped out of the store like a child.)
8. Home Depot/Lowes: No ma'am, we stopped selling lampshades 3 years ago.

SERIOUSLY! We are not even being picky. White drum lampshade. That's all....

Pottery Barn saved the day!
Go to Pottery Barn.
Do not try to be creative.
Creativity gets you nothing in the world of lampshades.

I brought it home last night. Chip says... I think we need a bigger one.

I see.



2 comments:

JuliE said...

I agree that lampshades are very hard to come by.. just be thankful you wanted a round one. We bought two lamps for Crate and Barrel with square shades. We have a third lamp in that room and wanted to replace the shade. It is completely impossible to find a matching shade. C&B doesn't even sell it without the lamp. Horrible. (PS., we did find a great store with TONS of lamp shades, just not square ones, not sure if you have it... Garden Ridge.. one of my favorite stores around here for house stuff because it's cheap!).

Anonymous said...

I'd like to see the lamp with the new shade, if that is a keeper. It is a very unusual lamp . Grandma