Thursday, April 1, 2010

I'm an Idea Man (woman)

In my free time, I think of ridiculous business ideas.

My friend Julie plans on piggybacking on my genius. A lot of time is spent discussing the finer points of each idea.

Here are some past ideas:

Left-handed mug -
-I actually made a prototype in high school ceramics class. The mug is a dribble cup if you drink using your right hand. If beverage is consumed with your left hand, voila perfect mug!
BRILLIANT! I would post a picture of it, but my mom "claims" it broke... really it was ugly and she threw it away

Hypercolor sheets
-Basically the 1980's t-shirts except for your bed. Kids would LOVE it! No one thought this was a good idea.
I do!!!!

The Ballet Bar
-This involves women, public bathrooms and hovering. I would like a bar on a hinge that you flip down and hold on to. Takes some stress off our your quad muscles. Much better than the handicap bar.
I really think this is a good idea. When was the last time an invention was made to improve public restrooms?

And last but not least. I would like to unveil my newest idea!

www.howismykiddriving.com
-For $20 a year you get
-A bumper sticker with a text number & web address & specific kid ID #
-Bumper sticker can be magnetic or permanent stick on
-Texts get forwarded straight to the parents phone
-If people chose to log complaint on the website, you enter the specific kids ID #.
-Only the parent can access the complaints via password, also can get emailed to you upon request.
-Complainer may also upload cell phone video if they choose
-You may upgrade your “bumper sticker” for a 1 time purchase price of $200 and you will receive; A lighted LED light that plugs into your middle break light system and is only removable with either a key or a password
We will market this to driving schools, high schools, insurance companies, team sports, perhaps cell phone carriers.
All the parents will want their kids to have one

One of these days..... My ideas will make millions and you can say remember when...

***Please note NONE of these ideas can be used without written permission and compensation. However if you wish to fund one of my ideas, please feel free to contact the "Idea Woman"***

2 comments:

JuliE said...

Hey now.. I'd like to think the hyper color sheets thing was a joint idea. I mean, if I'm gonna claim anything that isn't mine, why pick the silliest one. By the way, I still love that one. I think it would be hysterical to wake up to a body outline.

JuliE said...

Also, I did have my own idea of the two door mailbox. For when you mailbox is on a busy street, you can use the back door of the mail box to safely remove you mail. While the mailman can use the street side front door to deliver it to you. I thought I was a GENIUS! Then I googled it and they already exist. DANG.