Thursday, March 4, 2010

To Dry or Not to Dry

Have you gone to a house with really nice hand towels in the bathroom. As hand washing commences, your internal thoughts debate using the towels, using toilet paper or wiping your hands on your pants. Even though you are fully aware towels are meant to be used.

My goal was to avoid that situation in our bathroom, but still have it look nice. I obsessed (months) about how to pull that off.

Then, we stumbled upon some napkins at an estate sale. Total cost $4. They are stolen NAPKINS from an OLD OLD Athletic Club. A little bit of history is always fun and quirky. I bleached them and pressed out the wrinkles. They look LOVELY, but I can still toss them in the washer/dryer without a care.

Someone was over this weekend and washed their hands in the kitchen sink, then used a dishtowel to dry. Didn't want to mess up the towels.

D@MN! D@MN! I failed at something that holds such (bizarre) importance to me. If you come over, please use my napkins err towels!


1 comment:

JuliE said...

I can't stand when people bypass the hand towels and use my bath towel becuase they don't want to dirty the "pretty" towels. Gues what... I'd prefer you not dirty my bath towel with you pee pee hands.