Monday, March 8, 2010

Ocean

We have been eyeing this rug for a couple of years now.

This weekend, I spotted it on sale. PERFECT this rug is never ever ever on sale.

Upon entering the store we were told they were closing and liquidating the floor merchandise. (insert angels signing) I make a mad dash for my ocean rug, standing attention against the wall. YAY YAY YAY! After some discussion about buying a new rug versus a rug that has been walked on by (gasp) strangers, the rug is ours! At a GINORMOUS discount! I am still giddy.

Too bad when we took it home, we discovered the texture of the rug gives it a lot more height.

Which means we can only open our closet and bathroom doors a wee bit. That's OK right, a tiny sacrifice?? Perhaps we can shave it with a razor? And when that doesn't work (because you know it won't), to the rug shop for a slice & dice.

A little bit of a letdown. BUT i still love it!

2 comments:

JuliE said...

Yeah! I'm glad you finally got your rug. I'm gonna need water wings to walk over that.

JT said...

I was thinking razor too. The perfect rug is hard to find, but so worth a few shavings off the door. Love it!