I had the most perfect idea of Christmas morning in my mind. I was determined to make it into reality, so I woke up early and made cinnamon rolls from scratch. We opened gifts as the yummy treats baked in the oven, filling the house with the most perfect smells. Christmas music played in the background. Egg nog was flowing - ok, we forgot the egg nog - but it was in the fridge. Picture perfect morning!
Then the smoke detector went off......the house filled with smoke...
The house was not on fire. The rolls were not burned...
But my perfect little memory of our first Christmas in the new house, now includes the smoke detector.
Here's to not making that a yearly tradition.
Hope everyone had a great holiday!
1 comment:
Those smoke detectors can be annoying little buggers. When we had the new ones put in with our kitchen remodel they went off every time I cooked... now I think they have gotten use to my cooking (or maybe Timmy figured out a way to unplug them :-) ). Sounds like a great Christmas morning to me.. if with the silly detectors.
Post a Comment