Christmas 2006Some holidays are covered yearly by the same family and summertime is spent at the family house in the country.
The holiday not covered... the dreaded Thanksgiving Dinner ... Who wants to cook all of that turkey?!
Thus, the Cornucopia Tradition was born.
Here is how we play this game.
-The current year's host family gets to mail the Giant Cornucopia to whomever they want, anytime during the following year.
-The receiver of the Cornucopia may not RETURN to sender.
-They may not mail it to another relative.
-They cannot barter with anyone to take over the responsibility.
-They are stuck as that year's dinner host.
-The Cornucopia becomes the table's centerpiece.
No one feels safe until the package has been delivered. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a little cash bribery to sway the sender.
We live out of town..... No Evil Cornucopia for us.
Do you find this game a little out disturbing considering Thanksgiving is a time to give THANKS? I don't. I think it is hilarious and am a little sad we don't get to participate in the family torture.
4 comments:
Did you draw the corny-copia? I like the drawing.. I think that should be framed and signed each year by who hosted. Along with your 60 person attendance picture. All for the memories...
My one request is that next year someone else takes the picture. You don't give me a big enough treat to wait for 60 people to get situated and smile. I get more important things to do like bark at birds.
I am honored you think I can draw that well. Obviously you do not know me at ALL.
The real question: WHY is the fat dog in the pciture at all?
Hi Jennifer,
Heard you have a beautiful house. Maybe we can do a roadtrip for 2010Thanksgiving and all come there. Thanks for planting the idea.
Aunt Nita
Post a Comment