Friday, February 24, 2012

New Skill - Rocking Chair Style

My mom's good friend teaches an upholstery class.
YES! I want to learn something new.


and lacked reupholstery skills.
Sign me up!

My mom went to the classes with me.
Which was outstanding.. since it appears, I never learned to use a hammer. eek.
My mom did most of the physical labor.

Which occasionally ended poorly for me.
She hammered thru my finger.

As a repentance, she bought me sandwiches at the next classes.
Bonus.

The nursery design... for a boy was blue/green/beige.


Between class two and class three we discovered he was a she.
So we did a quick fabric switcheroo.
(new nursery design board to appear at a later date)

MAY I PRESENT THE FINAL PRODUCT.
Thank you Mom and Ruth for all of your help.
TA-DA!
My $30 rocking chair =)

So what if it took 2 years to complete this project.

*The nursery cannot be started until the other project is completed,
hence the dirty floormat under the chair.

1 comment:

JuliE said...

WOW! That looks great! Now you must teach me how to be that handy... (I bet you deserved getting smacked with the hammer after making your mom do all the work :-) )