Monday, October 4, 2010

Shoe Struck!

Last week, I was a big whiny baby. No one would go shoe shopping with me, during lunch.

Then my coworker called and said she got a free pair of shoes!

WHAT?!!! 15 minutes prior to a conference call I darted out the door. Clients can wait, shoes cannot... right?

I walked into DSW and looked around, there were people signing and dancing, wandering through the aisles in a daze of giddiness. I even saw cartoon birds and butterflies swooping around shoppers. Very surreal experience. So many happy shoes shoppers.

Then someone hands me a box with 2 re-usable shopping bags, 1 t-shirt, 2 $20 off coupons + $50 gift card! $90 off shoes!!!!!!! Helllllooo yes please! I too started signing, I've got a golden ticket!

Then it was over. 1 hour. They passed out these free gifts for 1 hour. Poor people in came in after me, received no free shoes.

This was the best marketing scheme. 1 week later and I am still oh so happy.

No comments: