Monday, August 2, 2010

Rolling on the River

We love to Kayak.
We really want to buy kayaks.  
However, they would require building a big shed and an SUV with a roof rack

Until then, we found a place to rent, approx 7 minutes from our house. SWEET.  
Chip may be relaxing in this picture, but the boat wake makes for some rocky waves on the lake.
This is the Train-Bridge. It goes up and down every ten minutes to allow the trains to pass over the river. I am sure there is some nautical term for this, but i prefer Train-Bridge.
Here is the skyline from the Cuyahoga River. (Cuyahoga River runs into lake Erie)
Please disregard the giant swimmers back and shoulder wings, geeze.
And just because.
Kayaking is the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I wish I could attribute anything about my body these days to being a swimmer, but sadly - there is no resemblance to my old body anymore..... :-(

JuliE said...

Wow.. you guys are very motivated on Sundays. We usually like to try and do a bit of yard work and relax before starting the work week again. Looks like a beautiful day and a fun way to enjoy the city.

To Be Determined said...

My giant back is all that is left. I'll trade the back for my prior-life waist anyday.