Thursday, October 1, 2009

Safe and Secure

Today, I went to the post office for change of address forms.

There was only one form left, so I grabbed it and proceeded to read the packet, discovering this process could be completed online. Perfect, less junk and no wait for another packet.

The packet does include a LOT of coupons, including a 10% off your entire purchase at Lowe's. NICE! That will come in handy for new appliances at some point!

Anyways back to my annoyance, which is why people read this blog, right. Fast forward, at the office, giving myself serious praise for a productive morning.

As i type in my info, I come to this statement.

Safe and Secure: Safeguard your personal information with identity verification by a simple $1 charge to your credit or debit card

WHAT! WHY WOULD I PAY $1 TO MAKE SURE MY TRANSACTION IS SAFE. YOU ARE THE POST OFFICE! AT THIS POINT I DO NOT EVEN WANT TO GIVE YOUR "SECURE" SITE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER!

End of story: I am going back to the post office to complete my form.

3 comments:

JuliE said...

I'm thinking the $1 is so they do some kind of verification to see that you are Jennifer and you are really moving... instead of someone just pulling a practical joke on Jennifer and having her mail sent somewhere else... hmmm... interesting idea..

JuliE said...

Although, now that I think about that more.. that is stupid too... if I were scamming you, why would a pay $1 to get caught?

Anonymous said...

Thata Girl ! Go Tell Them. Grandma