Wednesday, June 6, 2018

PCC - 5 Years 11 Months

Phoebe finished kindergarten. Here are her accomplishments:
-She can read at a first grade level
-She adds & subtracts like a champ. 
-Money is her favorite thing to count.
-She points out any problems in our explanations/reasoning. We reward solid logic & arguments in our household. 
-She can count to 100 in Chinese. 
-She is never afraid to enter a situation where she doesn't know anyone. You can never have too many friends is her mantra.
-She is a very good teammate. She offers support and demands the same support from others. 
-She is a great host! This kid can make anyone feel comfortable 

*She is also - stubborn, opinionated, emotional when tired, expects a lot of people and is easily disappointed if they fail her, refuses to clean, is not wrong much, likes to talk and gives plenty of directions.

Phoebe said goodbye to 2 of her closest classmates as they return to China. Her friendship with them was amazing to watch. They did not speak English when they arrived at school. They taught Phoebe just as much as she taught them. ❤

We are so proud of our Phoebe Claire!

PHOEBE: Mom you have a lot of white in your hair.
MOM: I know it's from you. 
PHOEBE: Why?
MOM: Parenting is HARD work. You make me old
PHOEBE: It's ok. Soon you won't be a parent anymore and you can do anything you want....
MOM: Uh. I'm always going to be a parent.
PHOEBE: But I can do everything myself.
MOM: When is that going to be? Tomorrow?

The night before the last day of school, Phoebe was determined to yank her loose tooth. She wanted her teacher to see her succeed. She tugged. She cried. She failed. However, this kid has grit. After failing to convince us to pull it for her, she accomplished the task 10 minutes before school started. VICTORY! 

MOM: Does it feel weird? Put your tongue in the hole. 
PHOEBE: It only feels weird when I sing "Ring Around the Rosie."
MOM: Do you sing that song often during the day?

She carried that tooth around in a teeny bag all day long. At bedtime,  she tried to brush it. 

PHOEBE: Malak brushed her tooth!
DAD: UM. No.
PHOEBE: But if it falls down the drain... you get an extra dollar.
MOM: Oh my gosh. You are going to do it on purpose! Get out of here.

MOM: Can we be done with this Popsicle?
DAD: That is really staining juice!
PHOEBE: OXICLEAN. 
DAD: Oxiclean is not the answer to everything kid.
PHOEBE: Yes. Yes it is.

SCENE: Morning band practice with homemade instruments.
PHOEBE: Mom listen to the beat and make good music................umm......... ok. I'm just going to take your instrument. You can just watch. You aren't very good.

On mother's day  I started my morning at girl scout camp leader training and ended it with Phoebe freaking (FREAKING!!) because I cleaned her lego sculpture of a toilet. 


SCENE: Teacher appreciation card.
MOM: OK. What do you love the most about Ms. Shramo?
PHOEBE: When she squirts me in the armpits with water.
MOM: I see.

SCENE: After school. Mom pulling Phoebe and her scooter in a wagon.
PHOEBE: Take a picture. Can you write this caption. I'm not lazy, I am just tired.
MOM: LAZY!
PHOEBE: 😡


No comments: