SCENE: Saturday 6:30 am. Unwashed date night face because...date night.
PHOEBE: Mom, I think your make-up fell off your face.
MOM: You do an amazing job of lifting my self esteem.
PHOEBE: Thank you.
MOM: Sarcasm. You are lucky you are alive.
PHOEBE: I am so excited for Monday!
MOM: I know! No school. Squash lessons, yoga class. It's going to be a fun day.
PHOEBE: No Mom, it's Presidents Day!
MOM: uh
PHOEBE: Donald Trump is GONE. So excited. Maybe we will have a lady next.
MOM: That's not what happens on that day.
PHOEBE: WHAAAT! Why oh why not?
MOM: hug?
PHOEBE: Mom! I got my very first LONG armpit hair. Just like you.
MOM: I take offense to that comment.
PHOEBE: (ignores me) I'm going to go shave.
MOM: Wiping child's tookus. BTW this child is too old for this privilege. Anyway, I peer down to see.
CHILD: Simultaneously, wiping her snotty nose on my dress.
CHILD: It was only my left nostril.
I told Phoebe not to buy any glittery garbage shopkin books at the book fair.
So she came home with a mythical beast model kit. She is seriously my favorite person.
This month, we went on a trip to Florida to visit Mema. Unfortunately, Phoebe got pretty sick which required a 3 AM drug store run and a minute clinic visit. However, she is an awesome sick person. Properly advil'd this kid can hang in any situation. The rest of the family (including me) would have not fared as well. Go Phoebe!
Phoebe's activities: Girl scouts, ice skating, swimming, gymnastics. She was moved up a gymnastics class and practises on the big equipment. She is considering joining the team next year.
Phoebe is almost READING! She loves everything about school. I have to beg and plead to get her to come home each day. This week she asked for a molly pitcher book, a titanic book and a history book with real pictures not drawings.
Every morning, Phoebe dresses herself, makes her bed, cleans her room and brushes her teeth. Of course she expects payment for these activities but I happily pay up. I see parental freedom in my future!! 1 down. 1 to go.
Here is Phoebe's month in pictures.














































No comments:
Post a Comment