Friday, March 7, 2014

Phoebe 20 Months

Our little friend has entered the tantrum throwing stage. She has a hair trigger temper. I haven't quite figured out how to deal with this. Ignoring it doesn't seem to be working instead it prolongs the event. We cannot talk her down from it. Generally I wait it out. Which is fine at home... in public it's horribly embarrassing. Luckily it doesn't happen a lot. Just enough for the fear to be present.

She goes down the stairs on her tooshie. She requests that everyone go down on their tooshies with her. It's quite a scene.

She named her stuffed elephant Duckie. Go figure?

Phoebe has started to understand humor. She likes to tell us things are hot when they are cold and laugh laugh laugh, She likes to point to incorrect things when we ask her a question. And laugh and laugh and laugh.

She runs away from me when I try to get her dressed. Which in my current state is less than funny. Phoebe of course finds it hilarious. I will get you my pretty!!!!

She likes me to rock her and HUM lullabies at bedtime. If I sing, she pokes my mouth and says mmmmmmmm. After about one song, she points at her crib to go to bed. I cover her up in her 12 blankets. Viola. Bedtime. No crying.

Phoebe wants you to draw apples and trace her feet. over and over again.

She loves saying monkey and turtle. Another favorite is apple. Though she refuses to actually eat apples. ?

She wants a napkin on her lap (and everyone else's) when eating.

She takes her evening cereal bar in the breakfast room. Really princess?

She LOVES to wipe herself after the potty... to the point she may be slightly over ambitious. We are trying our best not to comment. but man it looks painful.

She says thank you a lot. Please, not so much, but we are working on it.

Phoebe is sporting a mullet. She won't let me put her hair up in clips (much to my dismay).  If only her hair would grow a little bit faster, then I could trim the mullet. REPHRASE.... Pay someone else to cut her mullet. She looks like a character in dumb and dumber when I trim her bangs. Poor kid.

I think my little girl knows something is about to change or she is still mad about vacation. She is struggling with a bit of mommy obsession. mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy . phoebe phoebe phoebe phoebe phoebe.

Overall even with the tantrums. She's great and 90% of the time smiley and giggly. She tells us she is HAPPY HAPPY throughout the day. Which makes me laugh. HAPPY HAPPY

I was very bad at pictures this month. So here are some phone pictures of daddy and daughter.

The Art museum has a kid day once a month. 
Phoebe runs amok amok amok. 
Perfect activity to get out winter crazies

Chip built this breakfast bar specifically to make dinner with his kids. 
I foresee many pizza parties

No comments: