Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Kids Department and Being Cheap

Whenever possible... I shop in the kids department. They grow kids big these days. I should benefit from America's obseity while shopping.

Lets talk Northface first. An extra large kids coat. Is 2.5 inches larger in all directions than the small adults. At a 45% savings... why would you buy the adults? Same goes for gloves. have you looked at kids hands these days. Buy the kids version.

Leggings. Extra large kids leggings from Target. Thicker. Stretchier. More coverage. Most fantastic. $6.99. Adult crappier version. $16.99.

Recently a niece, with rather large feet, pointed out that not only could she shop in the adults department... But with my measly little feet, I could buy kids shoes. I did not know this! Here i come Stride Rite!

Consider this a public service announcement. Check the kids department first. You will be pleasantly surprised.

3 comments:

Heather said...

BEST POST EVER!!! I couldn't stop laughing picturing you trying on a pair of Stride Rite shoes among a group of toddlers. Maybe they will give you a balloon and lollipop.

Me said...

I also own a children's extra large North Face parka. It's actually a little bit big on me.

JuliE said...

I also own an XL Kids North Face jacket. What is sad is when my parents came to visit my Dad accidentally put it on thinking it was Tim's. It fit him just fine.. except the sleeves were a tad short.