After planning a wedding... the thought of planning a big vacation was too overwhelming. We are going to postpone a big trip, for post holidays when we REALLY need it to escape the snow. Plus we couldn't find anyone to watch Ms. Penny for an extended period of time.
We decided to head about four hours away to Nemacolin in the mountains (hills) of Pennsylvania.
The drive is really fun, picturesque with a scoop of intrigue
We stopped for lunch at the ONLY place we could find. It was awesome. Old family Italian joint. I could only take one picture. It was romantic =)
We arrived at Nemacolin, took a nap and off we went on the evening adventures.
First up. Honeymoon dinner.
Then a little photo shoot.
Beware: Things are not always what they appear.
Cute right? Yes.
But let's step back and look at the full picture.
Cute right?
And now... He got run over by a car.
After a quick trip to the tavern, we passed by a very loud law firm retreat party. Which of course... I thought we should crash.
Instead I was talked into to a cigar bar for some Scotch. We don't smoke cigars, nor do we drink Scotch. But the people watching was great. While we were sitting there, I looked down and right on my ring was a little lady bug. That's good luck right?
I played with it for awhile. Until we realized, people thought we (I) were crazy and it was best to go to bed.
The next morning we woke up to...
What the heck?!
So we went to the 4-wheeling course. They supply you with a guide and a Jeep Rubicon. Chip drove through the hills, rocks, streams, woods. He was in heaven. I watched. Because.... I don't like to drive in the snow. Ever.
(picture to come)
Then we headed for some massages, a nap, a dip in the pool, dinner. and I fell asleep.
The next morning, I scheduled a dog sled trip. Then realized.... breakfast in bed was much more fun. So no dog sleds for us. We headed home just in time for our niece's 3rd birthday party.
It was a perfect weekend get away with my new husband. We came, we saw, we relaxed, we laughed.
(I promise a wedding post sometime soon... I am gathering pictures and my verbiage to fully document the occasion)



4 comments:
sweet!!!! What a lovely couple. Uncle Mark
How fun! I love it there. My grandma lives a few miles from there. Looks like you guys had a great time!
Ha Ha!!! The picture of you guys and the elephant is a classic.
No fair! You get two honeymoon's with this deal! I'm jealous.
Post a Comment