Thursday, September 15, 2011

Errand Day

I took the day off work and we accomplished a lot. Plus we had a really good time.

First up Florist.
Here's how that started.  You are making me go to the florist, now you are making smell like your perfume. My testerone level is depleting as we speak.



Next Marriage License.
As we were answering questions, I said..  Four generations later, some ancestor will pull this license for a grade school genealogy project.  Our job titles are going to go down in history.  Then we debated how glamorous we should make ourselves sound. We laughed and giggled.  The other people getting their licenses were not having nearly as much as us. We felt bad for them.



Finally - Tailor.
First, I went to the normal tailor. Who for some reason does NOT like me?

I am quite pleasant when I am there, I swear.
She told me she wouldn't fix my dress. Ok then.

So I visited another recommended tailor.
She is very capable and nice, with an extra large scooping of odd.
---------------
Ready for the punch line*:
----------
There were 75 - 100 cabbage patch kid dolls littering the joint.
Staring at me with their plastic eyes.
Weird. Yet hilarious.
I will take pictures next time.

(there is another punch line to the story, but I won't share because it's gross and offensive)

2 comments:

JuliE said...

It sounds to me like Cabbage Tailor has the perfect amount of quirkiness to be your seamstress.. the other lady just doesn't have the same blog appeal.

Anonymous said...

Is this weekend WEDDING WEEKEND? If so, CONGRATULATIONS, ENJOY AND HAVE FUN!