Were have we been? Costa Rica!
Full journal of vacation (mostly for my own personal history). Lets skip to the best part.
After a morning hike through the Monteverde Cloud Forest and an afternoon zip lining through the treetops, we settled by the fire for a cup of coffee con leche. The sun started to set, Chip suggested a walk. The grounds of the hotel has a short nature hike, down the side of the mountain.
Sounds lovely! After just one more cup of coffee...
Really? The sun is setting.
I'll be quick. Lets go on the full hike. That will be fun.
uh.. OK, but hurry.
The sun starts setting and we head out. There are not any lights on the hike.
Ahh! A bug flew down my shirt! and now it's in my pants!
I got the bug, its fine.
Maybe we should go back. It's dark and rocky and the poisonous snakes come out at night. I am wearing sandals. They are going to bite me and I will die!!
Come on! We are almost there!!! (pleading at this point)
We arrived, the setting was beautiful, the company was perfect. The question was...
Nothing makes me happier than marrying my best friend.
After the excitement, we ordered a bottle of champagne and shared the news with our favorite waiter friend. He said don't do a thing, well drink your champagne, of course. I will be right back! When he returned, he escorted us back down the path to a Koi pond complete with a waterfall. He, with a little help from his friends, set up tiki torches and tea lights surrounding the pond and patio. Our formal table was set in the middle and our private waiter was waiting to take our order.
Pictures do not do this justice. AT ALL.
Did I mention... I get to marry my best friend?!
I love you Chip and cannot wait to be your wife!
9 comments:
YEAH!! So excited! And the ring is gorgeous. Tell Chip I only relinquish my title as best friend to him because he got you a way sparklier (is that a word?) ring than I would have.
This brought tears, so sweet. I love the excitement....so is this now going to turn into a wedding planning blog?
I can't wait! Oh and think of all the ideas you can admire (steal) from soon-to-be Princess Katherine! hahaha
Seriously, congratulations, so much fun!
Any ideas already swirling?
I love this. Congratulations!
awesome but it just affirms my believe that Chip is nuts....... even more now
Love
Uncle Mark
So happy and excited for you. I smiled all weekend long just thinking of the happy news. I will plan on calling you next week to catch up on everything. Can't wait to hear the story over the phone. Love the both of you. Cheers to a lifetime of love, happiness and friendship. You 2 are perfect for each other.
so unbelievably excited for both of you! thanks for sharing your beautiful story and happy planning :) Chip is a lucky man!
I am so happy for you! Congratulations! I love how you told the story. And great job to Chip on the ring, gorgeous!
YEA!!!! So happy for you!
YEAAAAAAAAAA! Congrats Jennifer. I am so happy for you guys! Getting engaged in Costa Rica, not to shabby!
Post a Comment