Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Prior to Blog Creation

Prior to blog creation. Jamie would receive emails from me titled "If I had a blog, this is what I would post". I would like to share a few of these today.

GUM
I paid $4.00 for gum today. Does that seem crazy expensive to you? Granted it has 60 pieces in a lovely plastic pill-bottle like container.... but still. Have I not purchased gum in a longtime? I feel like it was .79 ALWAYS

Yes... It is expensive isn't it. I panic'd!

The gas station always has a long line and the gum section is so close to the line, you cannot browse ahead of checkout time. It would be a personal space issue for others. So when you finally get up there for a good look at the gum, before you even have time to decide what flavor you want... and WAY before you can decide on a brand. It's your turn to checkout and the cranky lady who has been working behind the counter on the 3rd shift since 11:00 pm the night before is giving you the death stare.

Hmm... maybe it is best I bought the 60 piece pack, obviously gum purchasing is too stressful for me.

ZIPPER
I went to the bathroom. My fly was down. How long has my fly been down? Probably since I left for lunch 4 hrs ago. Perfect strangers turned to their friends and laughed at the girl who didn't know her fly was down.

As a chronic fly checker to perfect strangers myself, I feel it is a human beings duty to tell that person in a discreet way in order to save them from severe embarrassment. I mean what if that unknowing person was meeting a new boyfriend? The true love never buds all because of one lousy zipper.

Post thought: unless it is Chip, then I point and laugh

Deep thoughts, by Jennifer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is true. She thinks it's just SO funny when I have a fly incident. It's not right.

Chip

JT said...

YEAH!!!! It's about TIME!!! You are so funny and as much as I love your "If I had a blog..." emails, I'm glad that everyone else will get some enjoyment out of all of the funny things that you say. I am so excited that you are finally doing this.