So in all the tiredness and cuteness of Miss Phoebe. The mom - that's me, has done some things that are worth pointing out... For history sake.
Right after delivery, I was exhausted and just got a glimpse of her before they swaddled her up. I was determined she only had one n1pple. The uni-nip caused great distress. It wasn't until I verified the next day the existence of two, that I confessed my fears to Chip. WHO laughed and laughed.... and said we'd get her a tattoo if that was the case.
Right after delivery, I was exhausted and just got a glimpse of her before they swaddled her up. I was determined she only had one n1pple. The uni-nip caused great distress. It wasn't until I verified the next day the existence of two, that I confessed my fears to Chip. WHO laughed and laughed.... and said we'd get her a tattoo if that was the case.
Then I thought I gave her brain damage after she spit up and I panicked/responded poorly. Afterwards, I was so distressed, I couldn't think about anything else. Finally I screamed out SHE IS GOING TO JUNIOR COLLEGE!!!! and started crying. (disclaimer: nothing wrong with JC.. and people who go to a JC do not have brain damage... and certainly not brain damage given to them by their mother at 3 days old)

Seven days after delivery, we took a trip to the mall. I put on a cotton skirt that was comfy and hid my post pregnancy self. During a trip to the bathroom, I was patting myself on the back for being such an adventurous new mom out a week after delivery BOOYAH. Then an older lady came up to me and said oh dear, you must pull down your skirt in the back. OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MY SKIRT WAS TUCKED INTO MY UNDIES! Due to my craziness.... I waited until she came out of the stall to explain why I was so absentminded and rest assured, I generally know how to dress myself. In doing so, I think I shamed myself more..

This poor child.... Is going to be so embarrassed of us (err me) when she grows up.



3 comments:
You are adventurous and hysterical and Phoebe is definitely going to think you're a dork... but that means you are doing something right! That's what I tell myself :-)
Love your early motherhood confessions! They're all so classic in their, "I'm clearly not sleeping" way!
Hang in there girl!
I'm happy to see that your sense of humor is still around with lack of sleep. You and Chip are going to bring this little girl so much love and laughter.
Post a Comment