Wednesday, January 7, 2015

PCC - 2 Years 6 Months

When you ask her a question... she replies
I cannot think about it. You think about it.
What do you want for dinner?
I cannot think about it. You think about it. 
SAY WHAT? You cannot be bothered?

She likes to read in her crib before going to sleep. For about an hour she will read to herself. After some light reading, she does a couple of head stands, counts her toes... then goes to sleep.

We are dragging our feet on a big kid bed. We are not ready to give her that sort of independence.... Her pediatrician said leave her in the crib forever if she likes it. OK...  I can follow that advice. yuppers.

Her newest trick. She screams mom I have to poop. At 5:45 am. What?! Gosh darnit. It is just a trick to get me out of bed. I take her to the potty and then toss her in the crib with new books. Read for another hour. I am going back to bed. See you at 7.

Believe me.... as soon as the clock hits 7 I hear. MOM it's 7!!!!!!!!!!

Phoebe fell on her face and ripped the muscle that connects her lip to her gums. First trip to the dentist..... blooody mess and 2 stitches. Ouch. She enjoys pretending to be a dentist. (In addition to doctor, hair stylist and pizza guy)

Santa brought her a big cake. She was allowed to eat as much as she wanted (with her hands) Christmas morning. Pure Joy. It was her favorite gift. Might have been ours too. I hope she asks for a cake every year.

Her next favorite gift a salad spinner. She spent a lot of time spinning her new toys. Anything that would fit went in for a spin.

Taking down the Christmas decorations was a major tragedy. We had no idea it would be so traumatic. WHAT HAPPENED TO CHRISTMAS?! WHERE IS HO HO HO! We feel very bad we didn't prepare her for post-Christmas life.

She takes her chores with Chip very seriously; watering the plants and winding the grandfather clock. Winding the clock is her favorite activity, she asks to do this daily. Is it wrong... she knows how and I do not? Eek I just realized this...Not cool.

I like her to call the dog inside in the morning. Our dog ignores me... Phoebe is VERY persistent. Eventually she gives in and obeys. It is the best job for P.

Growth Percentages
Weight - 35 percent
Height - 50 percent

No comments: