Wednesday, August 7, 2013

13 Months


Its been a hard and exciting month.

-We spent a very long evening in the Emergency Room with 103.9 fever. She was diagnosed with a double ear infection.  Then she went on an eating strike.  Stressful (and loud) for everyone.

-Phoebe is a very strong walker now. She is also a quick and silent ninja. Better keep both eyes on her.

-She learned to climb the stairs. If she sneaks aways, she will usually sit on the first stair until someone finds her. Then she starts her climb. Sort of safe

-She still wants to play in the backyard, in her wagon, in her swing, in her stroller, in her sandbox... All day.

-We had our first non-Nana babysitter. It was stressful... for me... Though really it was her daycare teacher so. um.. probably the best non-family babysitter we will ever use.

-Daycare moved her up to the big kid infant class (12 - 18 months). I cried. All the way to work.

-She was weaned off bottles and formula very quickly, thanks to the move. Again... pretty sure it was harder on me than her. But man.... a little warning people. I wasn't READY! (they told me wed and moved her Monday what the heck!)

-Daycare also cut out her morning nap. Bad idea..... I have her most of the time... she will keep a morning nap. Sorry. I am not dealing with an angry child.

-Phoebe learned to drink out of a straw. Good thing because she+sippy cups are a sloppy, wet.... NIGHTMARE.

-I locked Phoebe in the car.... in front of daycare... at pick up time.... The police came. Very embarrassing.... Oh and by the way the police man told m... my license was expired too. Ah. Super Awesome.

-Phoebe is a strawberry, raspberry, blackberry and chicken nugget eating MACHINE. She likes to eat the nuggets frozen. Chip assures me they are cooked. Still weird.

-When she gets excited, she waves her hands up and down and squeals repeatedly. Like a funny little bird.

-When the bottle warmer OR the microwave goes off. She insists someone retrieve the warmed item of food. Even if it is not for her. All dings must be answered.

-She dances whenever she hears music. FREEZE and dance. Cars driving by, toys, elevators, stores. Rap. Classical. Good music. Bad music. Always shimmying and shaking. She has some rhythm this kid. She also likes to play daddy's drums.

-I think I say this every month. And usually the moment I do... she stops. We sleep 7:45 pm - 7:15 am! SWEEEEEET.








No comments: