Monday, July 8, 2013

Phoebe Claire is One

Happy Birthday to my baby girl!

-Phoebe was trying to walk before.. sort of. The day of her birthday party... she said. TODAY I WALK! And walk and walk and walk. She rarely cries when she falls. bonus.
-She is eating all real food and we just started to transition to whole milk.
-This week we wore a necklace every time we left the house. Fancy pant loves necklaces.
-We put her crib on the lowest mattress slot. This kid likes to climb. She does the splits in order to get  her leg up on everything. (including the dog)
-She climbs onto her blue chair (which was Chip's dads chair). She sits there like a queen so very proud of herself. I think Chips dad would be happy his chair is her throne.
-She is bathing in the big bathtub. 
-Phoebe's BFF is her friend Hank. They babble and laugh and babble. Then sit on each other.
-She stands at the back door and pleads to go outside.
-Phoebe still eats paper. ALL the time with the paper eating. What the heck!
-We just got a sandbox... she eats sand as well.... I did when I was little.. and still like a crunch or two. Like mother like daughter?
-Phoebe is SO much better letting other people hold her. As long as I walk away. She will not balk. This is liberating for me.
-The 5:00 am bottle is gone and she is sleeping until 7:00 - 7:30......I am lucky that even when she does wake up, She doesn't scream. She kicks her crib and says blah blah blah blah blah. That's it. Most of the time she goes back to sleep after her chat.  She has never been a crier in bed.
-Her teacher tried to get rid of the afternoon nap. UM... noooo noooo not yet. She naps at 11:00 - 11:30 and 2:30 - 4:00. These will stay as long as possible. And if one goes. It is the morning nap.
-On that note. She transitioned herself to crib napping. She no longer naps with me. Slightly sad... but so nice to be on my own again. bonus I didn't have to force it.
-Phoebe has self weaned/hit milestones herself thus far. Thank goodness... because we (I) are suckers... not sure we would be good at letting her cry things out.
 
That is this month's update.
Now for the pictures.
 
1 year photo shoot.
Photographer - Chip
Props, Wardrobe, Hair - Jennifer
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, she is such a doll! Love these pics!